课程
招聘
OllyDbg 2.0
发表于: 2006-11-20 00:22 3668

OllyDbg 2.0

2006-11-20 00:22
OllyDbg 2.0

November 12, 2006 - Analyser.

Almost two years are gone since the last update of this page. But you don't forget me. The counter has crossed the magic limit of 1,000,000 impressions. So I feel me a bit ashamed and now will try to make up for your patience. Starting from now, every two or three weeks I will inform you here about the actual state of my work.

I'm frequently asked: "What happened to OllyDbg 2.0? Why is it not here?" Well, it is mostly my immanent laziness and, to lower extent, lots of other tasks and projects that have stopped the development of the second version. Nevertheless, it is not dead. In the last month I wrote more than 100 K of code, and now want to show you some highlights of the future version, mainly its new powerful analyser.

Despite highly complex features, like full code prediction, new version is significantly faster than its predecessor. But speed does not influence the quality of recognition. See, for example, how many calls were decoded by old OllyDbg in a large 3-MB application:

and by new:

Impressive, isn't it? Note that list of known functions in v2.0 currently includes only three system DLLs.
New version has strongly improved prediction of registers (especially ESP) and stack contents:

is able to recognize and decode register variables:

functions with variable number of arguments, like formats:

and cases when parameters are copied, rather than pushed, to the stack:

It determines loop variables, i.e. registers or memory items that change by the same amount on each loop iteration:

To help user, it even can rename and change decoding of arguments in some argument-depending cases:

New Analyser features also more reliable distinguishing between code and data. All in one, when OllyDbg will be ready, it will make debugging easier and understandable... I hope.

Part two will come in a couple of weeks. Bye!

[培训]内核驱动高级班,冲击BAT一流互联网大厂工作,每周日13:00-18:00直播授课

收藏
免费 0
支持
分享
最新回复 (2)
雪    币: 200
活跃值: (10)
能力值: ( LV2,RANK:10 )
在线值:
发帖
回帖