社区
课程
招聘
[转帖]WinApiHelp 0.1 by Blabberer
2013-7-31 23:26 6197

[转帖]WinApiHelp 0.1 by Blabberer

2013-7-31 23:26
WinApiHelp 0.1 by Blabberer
I had been a big fan of compiled HTML help (*.chm) and with its demise I used to resort to various methods to create help files (basically for OllyDBG usage) as Microsoft's latest help thing'ies never matched the ease that .chm file offered especially for offline mode usage. CHM was simple, you download the package double click and there you have everything in front of you but the hhx hhc were never standalone, they required monstrous packages accompanying them to run and weren't adaptable even then.

Recently out of sheer circumstances (I had ~ 600MB data left on a prepaid and expiry date was closing in had to keep awake few nights soothing a little bundle of frayed nerves and I ended up downloading the offline content for Visual Studio 2010 Express (Win32 and COM development and Windows driver kit)

help -> manage help settings -> settings -> I want to use local help install content from online add add update...

...and once it was there I clicked F1 on MessageBoxA in editor, a few seconds elapsed one tray icon popped up (help library agent) and Firefox opened with the help file. Now curiosity always kills the cat. It is said WTF is help lib agent? Why should I keep it open? Why it complains links will die and all help will cease to exist for me if I close it? What is the queer protocol in Firefox 127.0.0.1:\\ no http:\\ / ftp:\\ ?? Local-host ?? Who is looking for that? The big daddy at Microsoft wants to know how I am helping myself? Last but not least of the question, can I use it in a standalone mode without having to run umpteen components in the background?

Ollydbg by default used WinHelp.chm (circa 19XX) for resolving symbolic help and it is damn outdated though quiet useful. Still never saw a good substitute for it (there is a plugin by iirc mario vilas but it patched OllyDBG and sort of leeched online help when I saw it) and not a good offline substitute. Thus this plugin was born.

If you have installed any MS products (VS2010 Express, etc. etc. it installs help library for context sensitive help (F1 help)). Use the help library manger to install contents locally (cute manager can update the content to latest version of the page on MSDN)...

1) provide the path of the HelpLibraryAgent.exe to this plugin
2) provide the path of your default browser to this plugin
3) and simply hit F1 voila API help will be on screen in a jiffy

...and surprise surprise surprise you can even add your own help file to the local store and get it back with F1. I have tested this plugin on v1.0 (VS2010 Express MS-HELP) on XP SP3 virtual machine only.

[CTF入门培训]顶尖高校博士及硕士团队亲授《30小时教你玩转CTF》,视频+靶场+题目!助力进入CTF世界

上传的附件:
收藏
点赞1
打赏
分享
最新回复 (0)
游客
登录 | 注册 方可回帖
返回